Step 1: Click on "Add Project." After successful login to SmartPlans, click on the "Add Project” button to create a new project.
Step 2: Provide Project Details. Fill in all the details based on your project.
- Project Name: Enter the name of your project
- Project Number: Enter the number assigned for the project.
- Version Name: Enter the version name of the drawings (e.g: Issued for Construction)
- Project Completion Date: Provide the expected substantial completion date.
- Project Type: Select the type of project from the drop-down menu.
- Project Value Range: Select the project value range from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Upload the Project Drawings. Upload the drawing files by clicking on the "Click Here” button to upload drawings located on your computer. You can also utilize the integration with Bluebeam and Procore to upload the drawings to SmartPlans. Only PDF files should be uploaded to the platform.
Step 4: Generate Submittals. After the drawings have been uploaded, the next step is to start the submittal generation process. To do this, click on the "Submit" button and the software will start scanning the drawing documents and generating a submittal log. Depending on the size of the drawings uploaded for the project, this process can take an extended period of time. Please do not close the browser window in SmartPlans as this process is running. Once SmartPlans has completed scanning the drawings, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
Step 5: Submittal Register Complete. The submittal register, product schedules, and equipment schedules are now ready for your review in the Smart Register and PlanView. Pype AutoSpecs will default to showing just the Action and Informational, Closeout, and Mockup submittal requirements. If you would like to view all requirements captured from the drawings, please utilize the filter functionality in the Smart Register.